I spent all day today working on a new article for BioTechniques. The editor in chief of the journal offered me a freelance job, which is awesome, but the stipulation was that I had to get it done in two weeks. We’re now at the one week mark, and I’ve now got a working draft, so I’m happy with that progress.
I got to interview David Goldstein from Duke University today for the article, which was pretty cool… even if he only gave me 15 minutes. The article is about the hunt for rare variants and how genome wide association studies were never intended to find rare variants, only common ones. Its slated to run in BioTechniques print edition in October. It still needs a few more sources, and some editing so hopefully in between moving (tomorrow!) and settling in Wisconsin I’ll have the time to do more interviews… I better find the time.