Science Writer, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute – July 2012-Present
- Write comprehensive narratives on various cancer research projects as a part of the donor relations team
Copywriter & Editor, Twin Boro Physical Therapy – Jan. 2011-July 2012
- Wrote and edited newsletters
- Worked on website overhaul that included creating a database of more than 200 conditions and injuries
Intern, Geekosystem (Abrams Media) – June 2011-Aug. 2011
- Wrote daily posts covering science, technology, art, and online trends.
- A network of seven blogs, founded and owned by ABC News legal correspondent Dan Abrams.
Intern, BioTechniques Science Journal (Informa Communications) – June 2009-Aug. 2010
- Print Circulation: over 80,000
- Wrote 5-7 articles weekly for the breaking news section of the website.
- Managed social media including the Molecular Biology Forum, Facebook and Twitter.
Intern, DaVinci Science Center – June-Aug. 2008
- Worked with public relations department to produce year in review portfolio.
- Assisted at science camp events, including taking photographs and facilitating other media coverage.
- Participated in company re-branding activities, including website design meetings and new logo selection.
Master of Arts, University of Wisconsin-Madison – Degree conferred, May 2012
- Journalism (focus on science communication)
Bachelor of Arts, Lehigh University – Degree conferred, May 2009
- Majors: Science Writing (Journalism), English
- Minor: Environmental Science
Affiliations & Presentations:
- Member of the National Association of Science Writers 2008-Present
- Member of the National Association of Science Writers programs committee 2012-Present
- Presented “The Killer Science Journalists of the Future” at the World Conference of Science Journalists – Helsinki, Finland June 2013
- Member of the New England Science Writers 2012-Present